Prostitution is kind of legal in Spain, it exists in a legal vacuum. Prostitutes are not penalized, the pimps are. 90% of prostitutes in Spain are illegal immigrants.
Brothels have been illegal since 1956, but the vast majority of brothels are loosely disguised as whiskerías or ‘clubs’ and are left to function.
Prostitutes have been able to practice their trade freely and advertise frequently in the ‘Relax’ section of the classifieds in newspapers and magazines written in thinly veiled sexual jargon. However, there are some recent efforts to ban these.
Cities in Spain
- Madrid – the capital and largest city.
- Barcelona – coastal city and faumous tourist destination.
- Malaga- the biggest city in Andalucia.
- Bilbao- the biggest northern city.
- Cadiz — oldest city in Western Europe.
- Cordoba — The Grand Mosque (‘Mezquita’) of Cordoba is one of the world’s finest buildings.
- Granada — stunning city in the south.
- Seville — a beautiful, verdant city, and home to the world’s third largest cathedral.
- Valencia — paella was invented here, has a very nice beach.
- Zaragoza — fifth largest city of Spain.
- Almeria — best natural beaches and great selection of “tapas”.
- Costa Blanca — 200 km of white coast with plenty of beaches and small villages
- Costa Brava — the rugged coast with plenty of seaside resorts
- Costa del Sol — the sunny coast in the south of the country
- Gran Canaria — known as “a continent in miniature” due to its many different climates and landscapes
- Ibiza — a Balearic island; one of the best places for clubbing, raving, and DJs in the entire world
- Mallorca — the largest island of the Balears, full of amazing beaches and great nightlife
- Sierra Nevada — the highest mountains on the Iberian Peninsula, great for walking and skiing
- Tenerife — offers lush forests, exotic fauna and flora, deserts, mountains, volcanoes, beautiful coastlines and