Prostitution itself is not illegal in Slovakia but any form of pimping or organized solicitation is punishable by law. But you will find a steady supply of both street prostitutes, erotic massage salons, up-market escort services and strip bars fronting for brothels.
When being introduced to or meeting someone, even of the opposite sex, and even for the first time, it is not uncommon to kiss each other on the cheek once or twice (depending on the region). Remember that this is not a sexual gesture.
Cities in Slovakia
- Bratislava – capital and the largest city of Slovakia.
- Banská Bystrica – was one of the most important mining towns.
- Košice – metropolis of the east, second biggest city of the country.
- Poprad – the entryway into High Tatras
- Prešov – the best example of renaissance architecture.
- Rajecké Teplice – very peaceful spa town surrounded by magnificent Mala Fatra National Park.
- Trenčín – one of the most beautiful Slovak towns.
- Trnava – the oldest Slovak town.
- Žilina – Fourth biggest city.
- Kráľovský Chlmec – Small city in the heart of Medzibodrožie.