Part of France.
- Nouméa — The capital, and the only city of any size.
- Bourail — A farming town.
- Port Bousie.
- Voh – The launching point to see the Heart of Voh – the heart shaped mangrove picture that covers all tourist information.
- Poindimie – One of the largest towns on the east coast.
- Hienghene – Where you can view the rock formations that look like ‘a hen’ and ‘a sphinx’. One of the best towns to view ilots off shore.
- Sarramea – A small town nestled in the mountains with some excellent hiking that is signposted.