Prostitution is illegal, but many sex tourists from other gulf states indulge in what are known as “tourist marriages”. The punishment for prostitution is 3 years of imprisonment.
- Sana’a — capital.
- Aden — seaside former capital of the south.
- Al Hudayda — a relatively large city on the Red Sea with beautiful beaches.
- Al Mukalla — The east’s biggest city and bustling port, the gateway to the historical Hadhramaut region.
- Mokha — birthplace of one of the greatest things known to man: mocha coffee.
- Shibam/Seiyun/Tarim — the three famous historical towns of Hadhramaut, perhaps Yemen’s most fascinating and exotic destination.