Prostitution in Tajikistan is illegal but common. Arrested prostitutes are assessed a nominal fine and released, while those purchasing sex are prosecuted.
- Dushanbe — the capital and largest city by far.
- Isfara — an ancient Silk Road town in the center of the Ferhghana Valley on the Kyrgyzstani border.
- Istaravshan — an old city home to the well known and beautiful Abdullatif Madrassah and Mosque.
- Khorugh — largest city of and gateway to the Pamirs.
- Khujand — the center of Tajikistan’s Ferghana Valley region, and the nation’s second largest city.
- Konibodom — in the heart of the Ferghana Valley, on the Uzbekistani border.
- Kulob — the country’s third largest city.
- Qurghonteppa — the largest city in Khatlon, and the political heart of the rebellion in Tajikistan’s last civil war.
- Tursunzoda — an aluminium town west of Dushanbe on the road and railroad to Uzbekistan.