Prostitution in Syria is technically illegal but common. This includes the services of an estimated 50,000 ladies from Iraq.
- Damascus — the capital claimed to be the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world
- Aleppo — a large souk and ancient citadel with great views
- Deir-az-Zur — a desert town on the Euphrates River bank
- Hama — waterwheels
- Homs — an ancient city by the Orontes river, amazing green mountains in Spring
- Latakia — a major port city, Saladin’s Castle, Fronloq Forests and Al Samra Beach near Kasab
- Tartous — a historical port city and historical small island called Arwad