Prostitution in Oman is illegal and only sex within a legalized marriage is permitted.
- Muscat – the historic capital and largest city.
- Bahla – oasis town which is home to a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Buraimi – border crossing town adjacent to Al Ain in the United Arab Emirates.
- Ibra – gateway to the Wahiba Sands.
- Matrah – adjoining the capital city and just as historic.
- Nizwa – contains one of the best-known forts in Oman.
- Salalah – the south, which is almost tropical at the time of the Kareef.
- Sohar – one of the legendary homes of Sindbad.
- Sur – where dhows are still made by hand.