Prostitution is illegal. Sexual services, however, are widely available and laws banning prostitution remain largely unenforced.
There re many prostitutes in cities like Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Ipoh. Many prostitutes are part-timers, holding other, more respectable jobs.
- Kuala Lumpur Sex Guide — the multi-cultural capital, home of the Petronas Towers
- George Town — the cultural and cuisine capital of Penang
- Ipoh — capital of Perak with historic colonial old town
- Johor Bahru — capital of Johor, and the gateway to Singapore
- Kuantan – capital of Pahang, and commercial centre of the east coast
- Kota Kinabalu — close to tropical islands, lush rain forest and Mount Kinabalu
- Kuching — capital of Sarawak
- Malacca (Melaka) — the historical city of Malaysia with colonial-style architecture
- Miri — resort city of Sarawak and gateway to UNESCO World Heritage Site Gunung Mulu National Park
- Langkawi — an archipelago of 99 islands known for its beaches, rainforest, mountains, mangrove estuaries and unique nature. It’s also a duty-free island
- Penang (Pulau Pinang) — formerly known as the “Pearl of the Orient”, now bustling island with excellent cuisine which has retained more colonial heritage than anywhere else in the country
- Perhentian Islands (Pulau Perhentian) — glittering jewels off the East Coast still undiscovered by mass tourism
- Redang (Pulau Redang) — popular island destination for scuba divers
- Tioman (Pulau Tioman) — once nominated one of the most beautiful islands in the world