A page in the Asia Sex Guide.
Prostitution is legal, but operating a brothel is prohibited and engaging in other forms of pimping are punishable by one to ten years’ imprisonment. There were approximately 5,000 women involved in prostitution in the country, approximately 1,500 of whom were in Yerevan. However, most of these are not registered.
Ordinary prostitutes services in Armenia start from AMD 1,000-2,000 (I.e. 2 to 5 USD) and reach all the way to AMD 20,000 ($50.00). The “elite” escorts, on the other hand, usually charge $500-$1,000.
- Yerevan – The capital.
- Gyumri (Shirak Marz) – Second city.
- Vanadzor (Lori Marz) – Third city.
- Dilijan (Tavush Marz) – “Little Switzerland” of Armenia.
- Jermuk (Vayots Dzor Marz) – famous natural spas and skiing.
- Tsaghkadzor (Kotayk Marz) – Armenia’s ski destination.